About The Course
Studying Church History is studying the most important organization in the history of the world, the Church. It is the only organization commissioned and built by Jesus to accomplish God's redemptive work on humanity. When we study the history of the Church, we are studying the history of God's redemption and faithfulness over the last 2,000 years.
- Recognize the Church as the most important organization in the history of the world.
- Value the study and understanding of the Church and its history.
- Understand why Christians faced severe persecution and how they persevered.
- Explain why the Church continued to grow despite so much opposition.
- How Christianity would spread into Europe, Asia, and Africa
- The decline of the church’s moral authority as the Catholic Church drifted from the authority of the Scriptures.
- The Christians who led the Reformation of the church.
- Understand the broad range of revivals (the Great Awakening and English Revivals) of the 1700s.
- Learn the history of the modern missionary movement and the further spread of Christianity around the globe.
- Learn about the moves of the Spirit and renewal throughout the 20th century.
10 Video Lessons
HD video teachings that will help you start your journey as a disciple of Jesus.
A downloadable workbook that guides you through the course.